My tumblr

Monday, February 13, 2012

Thoughts on Homes

I don't like flawless homes.
They make me think that whoever lives in them
Could not be bothered or simply did not know how
To put their own stamp on them and just left it up to the decorators.
Flawless homes are like children brought up by a governess.

Rather than living in such a house I'd prefer to stay in a hotel.
At least you can stay in a new one on each trip.
The flaws in my house are my own personal flaws.
Physical and spiritual flaws that I tried to correct
But ended up accepting.
Flaws that have irreversibly shaped my life.

My house is the map of my life.
Homes which have a soul have their own contradictions.
Just like people.
Life is untidy.

Heleni Constandopoulou
Translation by Paul K.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...